Comparision of CD4 drops after discontinuing HAART

I'm trying to understand.... When I started meds 7 years ago my t-cell count was at 278.

I had to come off my meds for the first time back Feb of this year because unemployment and my t-cells were at 900. Then 500 in May.

Suddenly I'm sick and in the hospital with diarrhea, and my tcell count is at 207.

Luckely I will be on meds soon. But why did it drop so fast after it taking 7 years to get to 900??

I have friends who have gotten depressed or for whatever reason have decided not to get cared for or take meds anymore. 2 of them, after 2 years of not taking treatment, they are at 500 and 600 t-cell count.

This is a well described phenomenon, as many people, either on their own, or enrolled in clinical trials, have seen their CD4 count go down dramatically after stopping meds. It depends on your underlying immune system, and the virus strain, as to how much your CD4 count would drop and your viral load would increase.

VL spike from 20,000 to 115,000, never on meds, never had any spikes in counts
Vireal Load not undetectable after 2+ yrs of treatment