VL spike from 20,000 to 115,000, never on meds, never had any spikes in counts

Hello. First time in my life my viral load spiked out of the norm. HIV+ for 10 years, never took meds, CD4 was always in 350-500 levels and the viral load was always in the 15,000 to 20,000 area. My last test shows unusual spike in VL, which is 115,000. My cd4 was at 368. The doctor is kind of pressuring me to start taking meds, which scares me. I also got a flu shot right before the blood work. Could this flu shot be the reason for this viral load spike? and should i really start taking meds?? Thank you so much for help.

Yes, the flu shot could result in an increase in viral load. If it remains elevated at your next visit, I would consider starting HIV meds.

Frequency of CD-4 Tests
Comparision of CD4 drops after discontinuing HAART