Frequency of CD-4 Tests

I have been positive 3 years. I started initial treatment with Atripla in January of 2011 and was undetectable within 2 months. My CD-4 has fluctuated during my time as positive from 1232, to a low point of 561 in March 2011. In June 2011, my count had rebounded to 940. Now my doctor thinks it is only necessary to run a VL count, and is not willing to run CD-4 counts. Does this seem like a reasonable course of action? I feel like I should get both labs done each time I'm drawn.

I believe its still important to have both tests done, but the frequency could be reduced from once every 3 months, to either 4 or 6 months, depending on how stable the CD4 count is and whether the viral load remains undetectable.

hiv hepetitis and viral load
VL spike from 20,000 to 115,000, never on meds, never had any spikes in counts