Cause of dramatic decrease in CD4 count and percentage?

I had my most recent labs drawn and my absolute CD4 count dropped from 568 to 324 over 3 months. My CD4 percentage concurrently dropped from 30% to 20%. Previously I had been relatively stable in the 450-650 range and around 30%. My viral load has been around 70,000-90,000 for the past few tests with a spike at 180,000 once. Oh, and its been almost 3 years since I was diagnosed.

With that being said, I am wondering what might cause my CD4 counts to drop so much? Is this a sign that my immune system is finally starting to wear out? Would you recommend someone in my situation wait another three months to get another set of results or should they start meds right away/soon to prevent further decline? What are the chances this is just a temporary decline and my counts will go back up?

Sorry if that is a lot... I'd really appreciate your response!

That is a significant drop over 3 months, but not necessarily unexpected, given where your viral load level is. It could improve somewhat on retesting, but I think the data points to the need to start HIV meds by your next visit.

Hositalized and diagnosed Oct -- really confused
hiv hepetitis and viral load