|Follow up to question re taking valacyclovir instead of truvada
Oct 22, 2011
I who wrote about my partner taking valacyclovir by mistake instead of truvada with isentress for 5 days. I counted the pills and retraced when I last filled the pill box and it looks like I only missed 2 or 3 days of Truvada but kept taking Isentress. I assume that makes the situation better but still worried about drug resistance. Please let me know what to do.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
See previous answer, and yes, it does make the situation better and virologic failure or development of HIV drug resistance much less.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Jock Itch A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Dry Cough After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Genital Rubbing Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.