Viral Load Labs
Oct 22, 2011
I correspond with a client in prison and he get his viral load results as a percentage. I don't know how to interpret. His VL at the last labs was 24.8%. They won't give him a raw number, which would make more sense to me. What does this percentage mean?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Unfortunately, I have no idea. Viral load is usually expressed as a copy number or log10 copy number/mL. At the very least he should find out a percent of what?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Giving Handjob Risks
- How Likely Is It To Get HIV From Massage?
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Unprotected Anal Sex?
- Nipple Sucking How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Is Jock Itch A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Tingling In Feet After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.