Viral Load Labs
Oct 22, 2011
I correspond with a client in prison and he get his viral load results as a percentage. I don't know how to interpret. His VL at the last labs was 24.8%. They won't give him a raw number, which would make more sense to me. What does this percentage mean?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Unfortunately, I have no idea. Viral load is usually expressed as a copy number or log10 copy number/mL. At the very least he should find out a percent of what?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Groin Pain After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Touching Vaginal Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Oral Sex On A Woman Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Do Hep C Symptoms Take To Occur?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.