HIV- in a relationship with HIV+
Oct 15, 2011
I'm curious whether or not there is a high transmission risk among unprotected oral sex if I, a female, am HIV- and my partner, a male is positive. He has an undetectable viral load, so I'm curious -- what is the risk without a condom and further more, what is the risk when swallowing?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Although of low probability, infection is still possible.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Risks Of Smoking Pot With An Hiv-positive Person
- Would Herpes Show On A Pap Smear If You Are Not Having A Breakout
- Will My Doctor Test Me For Herpes When I'm Pregnant?
- Will I Still Have Symptoms After Being Treated For Chlamydia?
- Which Organs Are Affected By Herpes?
- What Should I Expect Once I Take An Antibiotic For My Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.