not on meds, pregnant with undetectable viralload

I was diagnosed 2008. Since then my cd4 has varied from 650 to 920 and my varal load has remained undetectable. I kinda figured that my body is putting up a fight of its owN but, issue is I am pregnant 20 weeks n my hiv dr thinks that I should start meds at 28 weeks for 8 weeks since my csections is at 36 weeks. Pronlem is I fear that going on meds my interfear with whatever it is that my body is doing on its own n that after delivery my body won't fight the virus on its own. Question do. I have to go on meds with such good labs?

There is probably not a consensus opinion among experts on the answer to the question in people with your situation and too few cases to answer the question of whether HIV meds increases the likelihood of preventing infection to the fetus. However, since HIV meds are safe when given during the second and third trimester, and there are still HIV infected cells circulating despite having an undetectable viral load in the blood that could represent a potential source of infection in the absence of HIV treatment, it seems reasonable to start and offer maximal protection for your baby.

stem cells
Cortisone injections and Hiv-Positive people