Oct 9, 2011
hello, are the stem cells, progenitor cells also infected with hiv? If yes than, all of tham are infected or just some of tham? Thank You!
Response from Dr. Holodniy
A great question with controversial answers. In limited published data they can be infected, but it is unlikely that all stem cells are infected.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Could Swollen Lymph Nodes Be A Sign Of Primary HIV Infection
- Is Blood In Urine An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Bronchitis After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Rash After Sex With Hooker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- 90 Day Negative Elisa Hiv 1,2 Test
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.