Oct 9, 2011
hello, are the stem cells, progenitor cells also infected with hiv? If yes than, all of tham are infected or just some of tham? Thank You!
Response from Dr. Holodniy
A great question with controversial answers. In limited published data they can be infected, but it is unlikely that all stem cells are infected.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- HIV Infection Risk Condom Leak
- HIV Risk Having Sex During Period
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Getting A Tattoo?
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke?
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Sensual Massage
- Sharing A Toothbrush How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.