|Recently Infected/UD VL/Low CD4 part 2
Oct 9, 2011
This is a response: Yes, my HIV was confirmed multiple times. (Home Access, Rapid, Elisa, Western Blot)
What could be the reasoning for my UD VL? Just a random blip? Given my weak CD4 #s , I probably cant be an elite controller, right?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
In a confirmed very recent infection, it is too soon to tell where your CD4 count will end up, as it is common to see the CD4 count decline significantly during acute infection. If the viral load remains undetectable, I would predict that your CD4 count would rise over time.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Diarrhea After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Kissing Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Throat After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.