|Hiv+ woman and negitive partner
Oct 9, 2011
I am A positive hetero female. Doing very well on the meds since 1998 when I had PCP.My T's are 640 and very low VL 2000.Can I still infect a -man should a condom break or have an accident .. I heard no..
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
I don't think you want to prove the negative here and go without condoms. A detectable viral load in the blood can translate to detectable viral load in the genital tract.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Vagina After Touching Skin Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Does Amoxicillin Cure Stds?
- Does Genital Warts Virus Ever Go Away?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.