Undetectable viral load and HIV test
Oct 9, 2011
Hello I'm HIV positive, undergo treatment now. My viral load is 40, which is undetectable. What is the meaning of undetectable? If i go for HIV test will the result be negative since is undetectable. Thank you. Hope to hear from you soon.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
If your HIV screening HIV antibody test and western blot was positive before, it will remain positive even if you are on HIV meds and your HIV viral load is undetectable.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Diarrhea An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Flu Symptoms After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Get Genital Herpes If I Used A Condom?
- 3 Month Negative Turning Positive At 6 Months
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.