HBV VIRAL LOAD AND TREATMENT
Oct 9, 2011
I have HBV DNA viral load 11,500 copies per ml. Whether treatment to be started or not.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
You are on the borderline (around 10,000 copies) at which people would consider treatment. Some experts would say that if the HBV viral load is > 10,000, and serum transaminases are elevated, or a positive HBV e antigen, or a liver biopsy that suggests ongoing inflammation, would be additional criteria that would favor starting treatment.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chest Pain, High Liver Enzymes Associated With Acute Hiv
- Fear Of Hiv From Accidental Spit In The Eye
- Hiv Antibody Non Reactive After 11 Months Symptoms Persist
- Hiv Test At Six Weeks With Third Generation Test
- Hiv Through The Same Glass Of Beer
- How Accurate Can An Oraquick Test Be After 3 Weeks?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.