Hep C PCR not detected, but ALT and AST higher
Oct 2, 2011
I m confused,please help, I have antibodies Hap C test (Alisa) has value 2.4(norml 1.0) ALT 44(Nrom 0-35) ,AST 44(0-35) , But PCR for C not detected
Response from Dr. Holodniy
The HCV antibody test could be a false positive (requires a confirmatory RIBA test) or a true positive result, in which case you were exposed and likely cleared the infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do Night Sweats Mean I Have AIDS?
- Is Pain In Penis An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Touching A Bloody Scab?
- Flu Symptoms After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Are Watery Eyes A Symptoms Of HIV?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.