Hep C PCR not detected, but ALT and AST higher
Oct 2, 2011
I m confused,please help, I have antibodies Hap C test (Alisa) has value 2.4(norml 1.0) ALT 44(Nrom 0-35) ,AST 44(0-35) , But PCR for C not detected
Response from Dr. Holodniy
The HCV antibody test could be a false positive (requires a confirmatory RIBA test) or a true positive result, in which case you were exposed and likely cleared the infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do Purple Spots Mean I Have Hiv?
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute?
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Negative At 16 Weeks
- Blisters After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.