|TB and ART
Oct 2, 2011
Have recently been diagnosed hiv+ and am on tb treatment for two weeks now. I have not yet had a CD4 test and am afraid and not yet ready to start ART if i am told that i should. What advice would you give me?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
You need to start HIV meds now. It will almost certainly be the case that your CD4 count is already low and you would qualify for HIV treatment anyway. However, you need to have a good immune system, in addition to the TB meds, to get rid of the TB infection. Thus, the reason to start HIV meds.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sore On Mouth A Symptom Of Ars?
- Sore On Penis Could I Have AIDS
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Do I Need To Get Tested For AIDS
- Chills After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.