Oct 2, 2011
I have been taking anti-retrovirals for a year now. In that time, my CD4 count has gone from 70 to 419. My viral level is now at 30.
My question is, can a flu shot cause the CD4 count to decrease? If so, how long does this last?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
It can, but the possibility is much less or not at all when people are taking HIV meds and their viral load is undetectable. Such decreases are usually short. That is why we usually recommend that people don't have CD4 counts done within a month of getting a vaccine.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Contract HIV From Eating Food Made By Someone With HIV?
- Can You Contract HIV From Touching Feces?
- Chances Of Getting AIDS From Condom Broke
- HIV Risk Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke?
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Sharing A Toothbrush?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.