changing from kaletra/truvada to atripla+adherence

Hi. I have been taking Kaletra and Truvada for about 6 years now. When I started, my CD4 count was 4 and now its consistently in the 700s w/ an undetectable viral load. Now my doctor wants me to switch to Atripla--which I want to do. I have 2 questions: 1. I have about a week left of the kaletra/truvada. I sometimes miss doses because the pharmacy doesn't have it in stock and I waited until the last minute, or I had to go out of town for a month with only 28 days of meds available. Can I save my kaletra/truvada for emergencies--for example if I were in a situation where I was without meds for 2 or 3 days? 2. I know that kaletra is alittle more lenient when it comes to adherence than Atripla. Is missing a dose twice a month really going to affect the Aptripla? It didn't seem to affect the kaletra/Truvada by my numbers.

1. Well that would not usually be recommended, but there is no reason why the meds wouldn't work in that situation. In addition, they wold have an expiration date, so it makes this strategy only useful for a limited time. 2. Probably not, given that you are already undetectable. But I wouldn't make that a habit, as cumulative skipped doses could add up and lead to regimen failure.

Vomit after Viraday
Flu shot