Vomit after Viraday

Hello! After being diagonized with HIV about 4 years ago, I have been taking ARV(Viraday- CIPLA) since last 2.5 years. The therapy has been largely successful with cd4 rising from 56 to 450. Present viral load is less than 20. All other blood tests are also normal. From the last 15 days,as soon as I take the tablet, I have a sensation that it gets stuck somewhere in the upper tract( I begin to feel uncomfortable) and within a few minutes I vomit. It is the tablet but in semi liquidish form. The vomit does not have any food particles whatsoever. I have also got endoscopy done and it is normal. Please suggest some help urgently. Regards and god bless.

Sounds like you have been tolerating the Viraday for over two years without this problem and this is a recent symptom. Therefore, it is unlikely to be the drug, although I understand the timing appears to be after swallowing it. It is good you had an endoscopy performed to rule out any significant problems in the upper gastrointestinal tract. It this continues you may have to discuss with your doctor alternative dosing for these medications or changing the meds.

How does this help?
changing from kaletra/truvada to atripla+adherence