How does this help?
Sep 25, 2011
I just read this article and I'd like to know how this helps research in HIV and AIDS since the article itself does not explain how discovering the protein is helpful nor how or when its uses should come to our sight http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14986013
Response from Dr. Holodniy
The technology, in this case looking at the HIV protease enzyme, allows researchers to better look at the 3D structure, and design compounds that will completely block its function. This technology has broad application for many diseases and is not limited to HIV protein structure.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Urethra After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Anal Sex Bottom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Condom Inside Out Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.