Low WBC low absolute Neutrophils

Dear Doctor, I am being treated for HBV and i have been on Viread since 07. Viral load is undetectable and LFT is normal.Last year i was diagnosed with stage II colon cancer and i had a Sigmoidectomy. When i came within a couple of weeks i was back in ER with indigestion. While in the hospital my blood count dropped and my kidney function was at 33% and they took me off Viread. My kidney function rebounded - i forgot to mention i also had a parathyroid problem with high calcium. My blood count has been low since that episode. I was sickly for like 3 months after the colon surgery. My GP referred me to a Hematology/Oncologist because my WBC was at 2.8 and everything else was low.Now I am 14 months post surgery and I am still running 3.0 WBC, the Hematologist thinks it is my Liver/med that is suppressing my WBC - but as a cancer survivor i am worried about recurrence especially since my abs(neutrophils) is 1.4 now, it was 2.8 after surgery. The doctor is talking about having a CAT scan, i have had 3 of those within the past year with the last one in June. I noticed people here saying there is causal relationship between Viread and low WBC. My Creatinine has been rising and it is at 1.27(and big H) next to it on my lab result but my primary and Gastro say don't worry. Please help me.

It would be unusual for viread alone to be the cause of a low WBC. It sound more like there are multiple factors (perhaps other meds, cancer, etc) that may be contributing to this. If other possible causes are ruled, a bone marrow biopsy may be indicated, and/or change the viread to another HBV active drug. You need to have your primary doctor, GI and Heme/Onc doctors all on the same page on this.

Viral load
Platelets