Sep 18, 2011
Being diagnosed with HIV by elisa test only. Cd4 57, cd4 % 18%, T suppressor normal. A swelling innbrain whichnindicate toxoplasmosis. Doctor put her on medicine. Is all ok for you doctor? Any idea on improvement? Her stomach is swelling day by day.... Please help!
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
I think the chance for recovery is very good. It is important to have started the medications for toxoplasmosis and get control of that infection. HIV medications should be started very soon after that. Although the CD4 count is very low, the CD4% being 18% is a good sign and means that her CD4 count will go up significantly after starting HIV treatment. I am not sure what to make of the swollen stomach, I am sure the doctors will address that.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Catch AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Chances Of Catching AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Ache In Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Achy Balls After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Having Sex During Period Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.