HCV Viral Load
Sep 4, 2011
will you please explain to me what this means.~~ Viral load result for HCV RNA is 493,000IU/ML the log 10 value of HCV rna is 5.7 test information: hep c rna quant real-time pcr (log iu/ml) could you break it down for me and tell me what it means, please???
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Your HCV viral load is in the low to moderate range. The average viral load is about 1-2 million. The IU number and log10 copy number are the same number expressed in different mathematical ways. You nede to discuss with a liver specialist whether HCV treatment is indicated for you now or not.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Should I Get Tested After Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Itchy Vagina After Nipple Biting Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Fisting Worried I Have
- Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.