Re: Should I ask doctor to change treatment plan?

Original Question: I am a 29 yr old man who has been positive for a little over 2 years. My doctor has me on 3 medications: Reyataz, Isentress, and Prezista. My viral load/cd 4 have both been up and down. Currently, my cd4 is 241 and my viral load is 190,000. Should I talk with my doctor about possibly changing my treatment?

I am not taking a Norvir currently. What is that exactly? I will definitely ask doctor to order a resistance test. Are there any treatments you recommend that I could run by my doctor??

You must get your treatment regimen changed ASAP. Norvir is another HIV protease inhibitor that is used in small doses to boost the levels of reyataz or prezista; which for prezista, must be given with norvir, and for reyataz, it is highly recommended. A new treatment regimen cannot be recommended yet until the results of the resistance test are known. Once you get that, I am happy to help interpret the results and offer some guidance.

viral load
9 million viral load initial infection stage - what does it really mean?