research

My question is simple however complex. Has there been any significant research on the affects of HIV on plant cells. I am curious because in some plant cells such as alga it has two layers of cell membranes which protect it from most enviornmental hazards. I also know that a plants inate immune system is much more complex than ours and is able to react and mutate its cells to become resistant to common infections. I think it would be a very interesting research model. By the way thank you for answering my question about my labs.

Great question. I am not aware of that kind of research. I am also not sure whether plant cells would have the necessary receptors for HIV to attach and gain entry. However, several plant products have been tested in the lab and were found to have some activity against HIV.

duda
understanding lab results