|Hep C antibody test showed reactive and next step
Aug 14, 2011
I test showed and reactive antibody signal to cut off 3.78H. I was told that is low? What should be my next step to confirming whether my body fought this off or if I have the virus in my body and to seek treatment. I am trying to get into armed services and need answers soon. I currently have no health insurance. Please help.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
It's hard to know what that result means without knowing what the specific assay was. However, one of two tests must now be performed. Either a HCV RIBA test which confirms that positive antibody result and indicates exposure to the virus, and/or a HCV viral load test, which if positive confirms chronic infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flaky Skin After Touching Period Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Psoriasis After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Fingering Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Spots After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.