Aug 14, 2011
I have hcv for 24 yrs. I have been ultrasound on liver come back normal. Found out I have enlarged spleen. Blood plaits were 44 thousand. Spleen is as big as liver whats wrong.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Your spleen is holding on to your platelets and your spleen has increased in size as a result. although the number is low, it is not dangerously so. However, you should consult with a liver specialist as to the best course of action.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- HIVpain In Penis After Touching Dried Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Touching Skin Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rash After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Trouble Urinating After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hepatitis B From Raw Oysters?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.