Aug 14, 2011
I have hcv for 24 yrs. I have been ultrasound on liver come back normal. Found out I have enlarged spleen. Blood plaits were 44 thousand. Spleen is as big as liver whats wrong.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Your spleen is holding on to your platelets and your spleen has increased in size as a result. although the number is low, it is not dangerously so. However, you should consult with a liver specialist as to the best course of action.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Percentage Of Hiv Tests In The Window Period
- Possibility Of Getting Hiv From Spitting In Food
- If A Man Is Infected With Hiv Can He Pass It On To His Unborn Child?
- Will Chlamydia Show Up Within 3 Weeks Unprotected Sex?
- Where Does Herpes Come From?
- When Can One Use Topical Skin Care On Dry Shingles?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.