Rise in CD 4 without medicines

My wife got HIV through blood transfusion after delivery of our son.My son also got HIV from his mother's milk.He is 21 now. Two years back we came to know his HIV status. His CD4 was 275. As normally medicine is started when CD4 goes below 200, We did not tell him because we wanted that he may complete his graduation without any stress. Now his CD4 is 378. Can CD4 rise so much without medicine or test result is incorrect ?

It would be unusual for the CD4 count to increase by that much and sustain that increase in the absence of HIV meds. I would be curious to know what the CD4% is and whether that increased as well or was stable. I suspect the CD4% did not change appreciably. But I do think he needs to start HIV meds even if the CD4 count is 378.

autoimmune disease and HIV
TDF - creatinine and urine protein