how severe is the infection

I am 20 years old, just diagnosed last month, 21 weeks pregnant, started meds today. My CD4 is 363 and my virus load is 25,000 - what exactly does that mean? I know the aim is for the CD4 to be over 500 and the VL under 1000 but I dont know how bad the actual infection is right now

You are in pretty good shape. Your viral load is in the low-moderate range, and your CD4 count is slightly below normal (normal range 500-1500). HIV treatment will reduce your viral load to undetectable levels (usually read as < 50 copies/mL) within a few weeks and very likely get your CD4 count back up in to the normal range. This will also markedly decrease any chance of transmission of HIV to your baby.

reinfection of non-progressor
Similar to: Blip and CD4 decline Jul 17, 2011