I read on my medical record (website) that I was diagnosed yesterday with HIV 2. Could there be a mistake?

I saw HIV 2 added to my medical record as an ongoing condition based on some blood drawn a couple of days before. However, when I read about the condition, it says that it's very rare here in the U.S. and mostly found in West African immigrants (I am native born American). The latest info. I found on hiv 2 stated that there are only about 100 cases total in the U.S. Should I buy a lottery ticket or is this information seriously out of date? Should I ask the doctor for additional testing when I go next week. I would be more inclined to accept the diagnosis if it was HIV 1, but HIV 2 seems fairly unlikely given the demographics and my sexual history. Thanks

You need to find out what tests were performed and the specific results of those tests. You are correct that HIV-2 is rare in the US. Although there are people that are infected with HIV-2 in the US, many of those have specific risk factors associated with its transmission.

CD4 down and VL up
CD4 variation