hep c lab results
Jul 24, 2011
My lab result came back reactive, the HCV RNA, Qyt bDNA reads <615 IU/mL. Then below it says HCV RNA, Qt bDNA <2.79 can you tell me what these numbers mean and the ranges that the number represent. Thank You!
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Although you don't indicate why this test was ordered, both of those numbers represent the same thing. One is the absolute number (615) and the other is the log10 number (2.79). The results appear to indicate that HCV RNA was not detectable in the sample.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Are Muscle Aches In Legs A Symptom Of Hiv?
- Can You Get HIV If Male Doesn't Cum Inside You?
- Difference In Hiv Risk Between Kiss And Insertive Oral Sex
- Do The Drugs Used For Pep Effect Antibody Test Results?
- How Long Does Hiv Survive In A Sealed Container?
- Life Expectancy Of Hiv Postive Person Without Medication
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.