ongoing very low viral load

I have been HIV+ for some thirty years. I have been on various meds since 1997. Over the last four years, despite changes in regimen (presently on Truvada/Kaletra/Isentress) and generally reasonable cd4 (about 400) and percentage 18%, my viral load refuses to get below detection. The last six over the last two years are 38, 81, 261, 54, 77, 81 and 78... Is very low "good enough" for the long term?

Given the longevity of your infection and your immune's systems ability to control the infection along with HIV meds, in you, that is probably good enough. Although we are never usually satisfied with a detectable, even a low detectable viral load for the long term, your case is somewhat unique given the long term infection and decent CD4 count. I am not sure it is worth piling on more drugs in you just to get to undetectable.

same infection date, very different labs
Viral Load and CD4 Up and Down?