same infection date, very different labs

Thanks for your time. My partner and I were diagnosed a month ago. It was my symptoms that prompted a test. I had a fever we couldn't explain and thrush. My results showed a CD4 of 25 and a vl of 1.9 mil. His initial labs were cd4 of 460 and vl of 540. I work in emergency health care and he for an insurance company. What are some reasons that my numbers are so much higher? We've narrowed down our exposure to April 2009.

Most likely is the difference in your immune system's ability to control infection with the same or similar virus strains.

Blip and CD4 decline
ongoing very low viral load