Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

cd4 too high

Hello! I am from Romania and I have a queries concerning the medication. I take Fuzeon and Trizivir for 2 years and my husband is taking Combivir and Viramune for 5 years. 6 month ago we did our periodic tests (CD4 and viral load) and everything was normal: 680 CD4 for him and 710 my CD4's number. Last month we made again the tests and the number of my cd4 is 1500 and for my husband is 2500. Our curent doctor doesn't know what to think about those values and told me that it is up to me if I want to renounce making the injections and to remain only with the pils. My questions are: 1. could our tests results be believable? 2. although we are feeling very well, we have the same lifestyle as always, what led to this increase of the cd4 values? 3. it would be the wisest thing for my health to give up at the injections? Thank you for taking your time to read my questions and I hope to get an answer fromyou soon. Have anice day.

Seems unlikely that your CD4 counts would have both risen to those levels without anything else going on, unless a new assay was used for the counts. You don't indicate what your viral load is. Assuming it has been undetectable for some time and you have no resistance (if that is known or ever tested for) to any of the meds in trizivir, I would favor stopping the fuzeon and staying on trizivir alone.

results of analisis of hepatitis B
HIv western blot test result