Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Understanding Your LabsUnderstanding Your Labs

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

western blot results
Jun 19, 2011

Hello Dr Holodny , I do write to you to understand better a western blot test I did recently, if you are so kind to give me an answer. I did this exam even if I know am hiv + from 1994. I am on combivir and viramune,now,and I have around 700 cd4 and viral load <20 .

the western blot results are: p17/18 negative p 24/25 positive p31/34 negative p40 positive/negative gp 41 positive/negative p52/53 negative p 55 positive/negative p 64/68 positive/negative gp 110/120 positive gp 160 positive

hiv avidity test : 0,7 ChLIA

I know it is a positive result because am positive to p 24,25,120,160--

but since some results are uncertain and expecially p17 it is negative ,I would like to konw if it is a good thing to be negative to p17 or not?

thanks for letting me know

kindest regards

Response from Dr. Holodniy

I am not sure why you would have had those tests done now. I don't think we know the answer to your question, but probably has no bearing on your overall outcome. But it is good that you have had a great HIV treatment response.

Previous
Anyway to estimate how long I've had HIV?
Next
Sutherlandia - can it cause an increased VL

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.