|PCR DNA or BDNA to find hiv virus?
Jun 12, 2011
What test is better to find hiv virus PCR DNA or bdna? because doctors think I might have advance hiv but IM not producing antibodies of hiv 1 or hiv 2 but have all the symtoms of advance hiv with my cd4 counts going down quickly. And can a person with end stage advance hiv not produce a viral load in RNA?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Either test should be fine. It would extremely unusual to have advanced HIV infection (in the absence of HIV treatment) and not have a detectable viral load.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Pcr Dna After 28 Days Due To Immune Deficiency
- Is Dry Mouth An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Burning Urethra After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Oral Sex On A Woman Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.