|How does the cd4 count and viral load work??
Apr 24, 2011
My last CD4 count was 91 and has not gone above 100 in the last six years..My viral load is now 20 last year it was 96 and my CD4 was 80. I don't understand why both are so low. Shouldn't one be high and one low. Thanks for any help.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
You don't indicate whether you are on HIV treatment or not. I assume with your viral load being that low that you are on HIV treatment. You are correct though, in general, you want to see the viral load be undetectable and the CD4 count be increased (normal range is 500-1500 in uninfected people) beyond what your current level is.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Bloody Pee After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Condom Leak Worried I Have HIV
- Psoriasis After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.