Apr 24, 2011
I am currently taking a combination of four antiretrovirals which seem to work very well. Last week, I was prescribed Levaquin 500 mg for a sinus infection. When my CBC was run this week, my platelets had dropped somewhat. Do you feel that Levaquin can cause the platelets to drop?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Unlikely, but you don't indicate what antiretrovirals you are taking and what your starting platelet count was and how much it dropped.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Odds Of Infection Dried Blood
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Touching Vagina
- Burning Red Spots After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Touching Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Blood Test Tell You If You Have An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.