|low absolute CD4
Apr 24, 2011
hello doctor my query is: making the comparison between the two last results We can see .... November 2010 (CD4 489 ââ(15%), CD4/CD8 ratio = 0.26 April 2011 (CD4 422 (18%), CD4/CD8 ratio = 0.32 undetectable = less than 20 copies
these results at 8 months of treatment, I worry about the decline of the absolute value of CD4, should not raise the value of CD4, knowing that I am undetectable?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
I am not concerned. Your CD4 percent has increased and your viral load is undetectable. Both are good indications that the treatment is working. The CD4 count can vary due to time of day, stress, immunizations, other ongoing infections, different labs, among other reasons.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Rectal Bleeding After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Spots After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Vaginal Cyst Look Like An Std?
- Can Ampicillin Treat Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.