Adopting an HIV child
Apr 24, 2011
We are adopting a child whose cd4 is 1042 % is 28. His cd8 is 1740. How does this look? What does the high cd8 tell us? Is this HIV or aids levels?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
You don't indicate the age of the child, the HIV viral load, or whether they are receiving HIV treatment. In general, those are good numbers and would not be considered AIDS. For treatment considerations, current guidelines suggest starting treatment in those children over 5 years if the CD4 count is < 350, and for children 1-5 years, if the CD4 percent is < 25%.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Anal Warts After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Touching Dried Semen Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Anal Sex Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Amoxicillin To Treat Vaginal Infections
- Can You Get Std If You And Your Partner Are Virgin And Have Oral Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.