Mouth Dryness

Hello Dr, I am HIV+, I was on Atripla then my Dr changed my meds when Atripla failed, I am now on Truvada, Reyataz, Norvir. before I start this new combo I had a sever mouth dryness, which bothered me so much and made me crazy. after one month of taking the new combo, i started Remeron 15mg, the mouth dryness went away for more than 6 months, and now it is back and very hard for me to accept it. I feel that my tongue does not have the same feeling, it looks very rough, as if the dryness only on my tongue, I tried to drink alot of water, but didn't work, I always keep many chewing gum, but now i feel pain in my jaws because of chewing like a goat. My doctor read my last labs for me 15 days ago, all my blood tests are ok, including kidney and liver. i am undetectable and my t-cells are now 200. They were fluctuating lately when the atripla failed. I saw my dentist and she prescribed Biotein for me, i got the chewing gum and the toothpaste => useless! Kindly I need to know what tests/labs I have to do to solve this problem. what's happening for me? I am really afraid. Thank you

I am not clear as to whether you are still taking the Remeron, and the exact timing of the mouth dryness with starting Remeron. That medication is known to cause dry mouth. In addition, there could be an interaction between Remeron and Norvir, as it is possible that the Norvir could decrease the metabolism of the Remeron leading to increased blood levels and greater side effects.

CD4 Up, Viral Load Down. Is it adequate?
Lypodystrophy