Undetectable Viral Load, will standard HIV test still show positive?
Apr 17, 2011
I am living in a country where HIV tests are required for renewal of a work permit. My viral load has been undetectable for more than one year and I get my medication in another country. Will the standard HIV test for a doctor that does not know my status still show a positive result?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Yes, an HIV antibody test will still be positive.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Diarrhea After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Erectile Dysfunction After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can Animal And Insect Bites Transmit Hepatitis?
- Can You Get Hiv From Blood On A Door Knob?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.