Chronic Hepataitis B
Apr 10, 2011
Dear Sir I am 26 years 9 months male and suffering from hepatitis B. My recent result of test is as follows: 1.HBeAg Negetive By ELISA 2.T.Bilirubin 9.20 umol/l 3.ALT(SGPT) 16.50 U/L 4.Quantitative Real-Time PCR for HBV DNA shows viremia with 83 IU/ml in the specimen Sir i would like to know that, is the result normal? What should i do now?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
You don't indicate why these tests were ordered. That is a very low HBV viral load. You need to consult with a liver specialist to determine if this is acute or chronic infection, whether additional tests or treatment are needed.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- When You Have Genital Herpes How Often Will I Break Out?
- What Is The Difference Between Genital Warts And Genital Herpes?
- What Can You Take To Prevent Current Genital Warts Breakouts?
- What Can You Do To Make A Person More Comfortable Who Has Shingles?
- Time Lapse For Genital Herpes Infection
- Things That Look Like Herpes But Are Not
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.