PCR in past infections
Apr 10, 2011
Will PCR methodology identify only acute viral infections or will PCR identify past viral infections in which the disease per se has long passed? Thank you AFH, DVM
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Depends on the infection, where you look, and the clinical situation. For example, influenza you won't find, but retroviruses and herpes viruses you would, even during a latency period.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hiv Risk Rubbing Penis With Slight Penetration
- Oral Sex With Undetectable Man
- Sore Throat With No Other Symptoms Inside Window Period
- Without Treatment How Long Can You Live With AIDS
- How Long After Having Sex Can Hiv Show Up In A Test?
- How Long Do It Takes To Get Hiv Results Back From A Hospital?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.