HBV Load result High
Apr 10, 2011
My HBV Load result is 1773IU/ml 3.25 and the note says it is HIGH. My AST is 18 and ALT is 19. I am worried about the HBV load, what other tests are required? Am I contagious? Will this lead to cirrhosis?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
That is actually a low HBV viral load result. Usually in people not receiving treatment, the HBV viral load can be in the millions. When you have a positive viral load you would be considered infectious. You don't indicate the circumstances around why the test was ordered. I would consult with a gastroenterologist about what additional tests might be needed and whether treatment is indicated at this time.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Herpes After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Erotic Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Kissing Cold Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Stinging Pain After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- How Effective Is Std Blood Testing?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.