Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

CD4/ Viral Load and Medication

I am 68 years old and was tested positive July 24,2010 and my CD4 was 624 and % was16.1. On 9/30/10 my CD4 was 593 and % was 13.8. On 1/11/11 my CD4 was 805 and % was 13.2. I have my next tests 4/21/11. I am not on any medication and feel great. What does my test result mean at this point? Should I be considerating medication or wait longer to see what my test results will indicate? What will the medication do for me at this point?

Yes you should consider medications. Although your CD4 count would be considered in the normal range, your CD4% is quite low and suggests some significant immune system damage. Although you don't indicate what your viral load result was, I would recommend starting HIV treatment now. HIV meds will control the virus and stabilize and increase the CD4 percent.

Primary Biliary Cirrhosis and HIV
Recurrent Kidney stones every 10-15months.