|Undetectable Viral Load Numbers
Apr 3, 2011
If I have a HIV RNA quantification RT-PCR of 9,190 (Undetected copies/ML). If it is in fact a quantity why does it state "undetectable" copies? What does this mean? Usually it just states the numeral and ("copies"/mL). I would appreciate any information that can be given. Thank You
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
The only thing I can think of is that what appears in the parentheses ( ) is the "normal value" that would appear for any other blood test, in this case, a normal value would be an undetectable viral load.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Stinging Pain Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Black Spots After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Anal Sex Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Throat After Kissing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.