Follow up question On Tracheostomy

Dear Dr Mark Holodiny

Thanking you for the reply supplied , The situation with with my wife has not changed . The Dr has predicted a poor prognosis as her Pneumonia is not clearing , she has also underwent a chest drain and has developed Surgical emphesema . she has come down to 50% oxygen from 80% when they initially started her , heart rate has normalised , temparature and blood pressure are very much normal aswell . They have also stopped her on all the sadations and she reacts well when you talk to her. Obviously still heavily swollen with SE which is subsiding as the days goes by . With the Lungs still not clearing up after 14 days on the trachy and antibiotics , should it be as the Dr is predicting that she has poor prognosis or would it be a case of waiting a little long with the hope that it will clear up . I am aware , I am wishing for a favourable ansewr but an honest answer would be much appreciatable under the circumstances Please advice what would be the best option here???

It is very difficult for me to give you an accurate assessment as I am not there. Although it appears that she has had a very complicated course with multiple complications and the prognosis does not appear good, I have seen such cases turn around with time and maximal support in the ICU. Good luck.

please answer
Purpose of a genotype test to make me switch drugs