New reference Ranges for measuring viral load and CD4 fluctuations

I just received my test reuslts from my recent set of labs...When the doctors office called me they told me that my load was 22 and I was confused because the last test I had didn't show an actual load number but the result read as undetectable <48. I now come to learn that the criterion for the test was lowered to <20 so by this test I am not offically undetectable now....A little scared but my doctor assures me that its still a good result and good progress from my disgnosed VL of 44,885.00. Also, my CD4's dropped from 409 to 387.....I have read that fluctuations in these numbers aren't necessarily an indicator of resistance changes but its the longer term VL and CD4 numbers that are more important not the numbers test to test...Shouldn't my doctor have told me about the change in Reference Ranges so I could have been informed?

I can't speak for your doctor informing you or not, but I agree with his assessment and I would not be concerned about that viral load result. The results over the long term and acute increases in viral load to say 200 then 500-1000 is what we are looking for in terms of significant trends.

Selenium question
keeping you posted (15th, 16th, 17th, 18th labs)