What is a logcopy?
Mar 20, 2011
Noticed on my last set of labs a reading for "logcopies" what does this measure represent?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
It is a different mathematical way to represent copy number, but they mean the same thing. Many labs report the viral load test result by copy number and log base 10 copy number. For example, a viral load of 1,000 would be 3 log10 copies/mL, 10,000 copies would be 4 and so on.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Fatigue After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Rash After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Glands After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Touching Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Constant Vaginal Bleeding No Pain
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.