HCV test results
Mar 13, 2011
My wife just got the following results: HCV RNA PCR QN = 740,327 and the HCV RNA PCR QNT = 5.87. (The test used the COBAS (R) AMpliPrep/COBAS (R) TagMan (R) HCV Test Kit). Three questions: 1. Is this a high or low viral load. 2. Does this indicate chronic Hep C? 3. Why isn't the Genotype indicated or is it that I just can't find it.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
1. It's on the low side. The average is about 1-3 million copies/mL. 2. It could, but you don't indicate why testing was performed. 3. A genotype test is indicated and the results don't appear in the question you posed.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- HIV Risk Sex With A Prostitute
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Giving Oral Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.