HCV test results
Mar 13, 2011
My wife just got the following results: HCV RNA PCR QN = 740,327 and the HCV RNA PCR QNT = 5.87. (The test used the COBAS (R) AMpliPrep/COBAS (R) TagMan (R) HCV Test Kit). Three questions: 1. Is this a high or low viral load. 2. Does this indicate chronic Hep C? 3. Why isn't the Genotype indicated or is it that I just can't find it.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
1. It's on the low side. The average is about 1-3 million copies/mL. 2. It could, but you don't indicate why testing was performed. 3. A genotype test is indicated and the results don't appear in the question you posed.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is The Difference Between Genital Herpes And Shingles?
- What Do Shingles Look Like When They Are Drying Up?
- What Can Cause Blisters On Vagina Besides Herpes?
- Took Antibiotics As Prescribed For Chlamydia And Still Have Symptoms
- Tingling In Hands And Feet With Shingles
- Syphilis In The Brain
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.